In the News
Brain Injury is finally receiving better attention from the public and from government. Here are some of the most interesting articles about brain injuries.
- Princeton Brain & Spine Care Concussion Clinic Website – September 17, 2011
A new website discusses concussions, ImPACT Baseline Testing, diagnosis, and treatment for concussions.
Visit Concussion Clinic
- NFL Concussion Tests – March 9, 2011
The Wall Street Journal looks at the NFL's new concussion policy and testing procedures. Nirav Shah, MD of Prineton Brain & Spine Care was interviewed.
- Time for National Football Helmet Standards? – October 22, 2010
The New York Times examines the lack of meaningful standards and oversight for footbal helmets. This feature article also touches on the complete lack of concussion protection standards.
- Rutgers Player Faces Paralysis – October 19, 2010
Rutgers DT Eric LeGrand was seriously injured in Saturday's Rutgers-Army game. It is a reminder to all of the constant awareness that is required of coaches, players, and parents.
- Philadelphia Area Football Player Dies from Neck Injury – September 1, 2010
FoxNews Feature - Family members say 15-year-old Quadaar White died Tuesday at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He'd been injured a week earlier during a football practice in Upper Darby.
- Emergency Room Visits for Concussion Soar – August 30, 2010
Emergency room visits for school-age athletes with concussions has skyrocketed in recent years, suggesting the intensity of kids' sports has increased along with awareness of head injuries.
- Standardbred Canada Features new Concussion Video by Dr. Nirav Shah – July 28, 2010
Dr. Nirav Shah, is a concussion expert, who practices at Princeton Brain & Spine Care.
- N.F.L. Asserts Greater Risks of Head Injury – July 26, 2010
New York Times article about new NFL interest in head injuries. The National Football League is producing a poster that bluntly alerts its players to the long-term effects of concussions, using words like “depression” and “early onset of dementia” that those close to the issue described as both staggering and overdue.
- Dr Nirav Shah Interviewed by United States Trotting Associetion – July, 2010
Dr. Nirav Shah, a neurosurgeon and concussion expert, discusses the important facts about concussions in harness racing.
- Dr Mark McLaughlin addresses Suburban League 1 Meeting – March 2, 2010
On Tuesday, March 2nd, Dr. Mark McLaughlin was an invited speaker at the Suburban League 1 meeting in Willow Grove, PA. Dr. McLaughlin presented key information on concussion diagnosis, treatment, prevention and recovery to roughly 50 Athletic Directors and Principals from area high schools
- New High School Football Regulations – March 4, 2010
On March 4th the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Football Rules Committee passed new regulations on concussions that will go into effect for the 2010 high school football season. To read more about this important new rule, go to the NFHS website:
- “States Consider Youth Concussion Laws” – ESPN.com – January 28, 2010
A number of states have introduced legistlation to better protect youths involved in sports activities.
- “Kids and Concussions: ImPACT testing, an important tool used to evaluate the recovery from brain injuries.” – Star Ledger – January 5, 2010
- “UPMC Doctors Developed Stress Test for Brain” – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – December 3, 2009
- General Assembly of PA House Bill, No 2060 (HB2060) – Currently pending – Introduced October 26, 2009 Legislation regarding concussion education and return to play standards.